Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wesak eve 2008

The Kajang Sunday Dhamma School performers... way to go guys!
The main altar at KBC
My son Pushan giving the peace sign

Wesak "celebrations" for me started on sunday the 18/5/08 i.e Wesak eve. I attended puja at Kajang Buddhist Centre with my two boys. After the puja we attended a talk by Datuk Kumaraseri. His talk was about the role of parents and the challenges of kids growing up in society today. Lunch was a wonderful vegetarian offering prepared by the team manning the kitchen. Sadhu to all of them for a brilliant lunch. Afterwards the kids had performances and boy was it fun. My older son Sanjay presented a short speech (after much coaxing by his aunt). He was the first runner up at the Public Speaking Competition (Wilayah Persekutuan) We left at about 2.30 pm and headed for home.
That evening I was at BGF for musical puja. It was my first time attending Wesak eve puja at BGF. I was invited to sing a few of my songs from my new album titled "Journey" which I did with much joy. The Igemz were there to perform a few of their numbers too. Left BGF at about 10.30 pm with a very happy feeling in my mind. The images of Bodhgaya, India came to mind as I was driving back. How I wished I could be there at that very moment. Merely being near the Vajrasana or Diamond Throne is quite an experience... what more if had been on Wesak eve!Imagine the scene that full moon night of Wesak when the Buddha gained enlightenment! Sigh ... looks like I have to strive on in this samsaric cycle of birth and death before liberation is mine too. I must not waver from his path. I must persevere.
I'll write about Wesak day next.
Peace and good health to everyone. Sukhi Hotu!
M V Nathan

2 comments:

Tobiyama said...

Dear Nathan,

Halo there, Melvin D2Y here~
Congratulations on your maiden solo full album, one that got so many brothers & sisters in the Dhamma together~

Saddhu Saddhu Saddhu~~~

;)

bodhi said...

Thks Melvin. Always a joy to sing the praises of the buddha, dhamma & Sangha.

Thks a lot for all your assistance and time. Sadhu! Sadhu! Sadhu!

Cheers

M V Nathan